Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One third done: second one starting!

I almost called it a "trimester" but don't want anyone even momentarily thinking I'm pregnant!


I realized this weekend that we'd finished the 1/3 mark. Not that I'm counting down, but I love seeing the fractions.
Yes, I'm a math geek. You had to ask??

So I thought this might be a good time to summarize what's working for us, what I wish we'd done differently, and anything else I think of.

Working:
badge system



Not working:
badge posters
Next year we'll come up with something that doesn't fall apart in the humidity. And maybe something smaller, so it doesn't take up every available inch of wall space!

Working:
Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons

Not working:
that exact copy of the book

Working:
Writing with Ease

Not working:
All the workbooks

I have to admit, I'm already starting to ponder ideas for next year. Thinking of songs about animals, etc...but for the most part I'm just loving this year. Even days like today, when the kids are all recovering from head colds and I'm praying I'm not getting it, I'm still enjoying the time and experience with the kids. It's magical, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment