Monday, May 23, 2011

Egypt, a Conclusion

Today we got caught up, finishing almost everything from week 2 (and one final page from week 1).
It only took three hours, but Jasmine finally got the counting-to-100 page finished.
To get her through this ordeal, I started coaching her in Turkish. She could figure out what I meant by my body language and the fact that it wasn't too hard to figure out what followed 38 ;) It was fun to use my now-rusty Turkish, and to be appreciated for doing it!
Then Bekah started "speaking" "Japanese," which made for some interesting conversations.

As a celebration of the finished chart, we went straight on to the Mummy project.
And had a blast!

First was Jasmine. Bekah tried to help, but I bought really cheap-o toilet paper that kept ripping. So it ended up being mostly me.
(note the fairy "charm")
and then doing her Thriller "scare" pose:

then we undid her and did Bekah's! Jasmine was able to help much more, doing a majority of the work herself.

(yeah, I know. No consistency in the post-processing. I couldn't decide what look to go for).

We then bought the single "Walk Like An Egyptian" and added it to an "Egypt" playlist. With two other songs: Keith Green's "So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt," and "Thriller." Yeah, I know that's actually about zombies, but it was close enough. And two songs a playlist doesn't make!

Then we tackled the "personal pyramid" project. We ended up not making the hideaway at all...this will have to do. We need to get out for some larger boxes!!
But this came out cute and was fun!


Inside, we put pictures of each of the three kids, and then mummified this willing fairy:


All in all, a successful day, and a fun learning experience for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you made a mini version. I've heard that a lot of people do that instead of the full versions. It is nice to know that it is just as much fun. Love the mummies! :)

    ReplyDelete